A brief history of "the Aquarius."
The building was originally built to house the Academic Gymnastics Association (ATV).
Having insufficient resources, the association relied on the hospitality of other clubs before constructing their own facility on Na Grobli Street in 1921, according to Helbig's design. A two-story, partly wooden, rectangular building was a rather simple architectural form. The building featured designated club rooms and a boat hangar. In 1926 a new modernist style seat was built according to the design of Brix and Moshamer. The facades of the building received a red clinker brick characteristic of that day, introducing a simplistic form of decoration - the brick cornices.